This weekend I have many goals to accomplish:
- Finish editing one of my characters story
- Complete a short story for competition – Furious Fiction
- Finish reading The Dragonbone Chair
- Mow the lawn
- Do the washing
- Build a bookcase; and
- Do some form of physical activity – walk the dog, run or ride my bike.
I want to be a weekend warrior – to achieve all these and have time for my partner is my definition of a productive two days.
I work from lists. I need to have a physical list of things I want to achieve. I have lists from shopping, goals on the weekend, goals throughout the week or on a certain day; and editing checklists. It helps me stay on track and motivated for what I want to achieve.Most editorial posts work through a list to achieve something, for example my posts from previous weeks:
- Four ways to structure a series
- Four ways to structure a novel
- 9 grammar tips for editing
- Editing checklist
To sum it up, the reason I love working from lists; it is a reminder of what I need to accomplish.
Do you work from lists?
If you think someone has an interesting point of view and answer, please invite them or share this post to them.